We will conduct our operations in a manner that meets the needs of Westinghouse and its stakeholders today, while protecting and sustaining the human and natural resources that will be needed in the future.
At Westinghouse, we’re dedicated to conducting our operations in an environmentally sound and socially responsible manner. We seriously consider the impact of our actions on the environment and on the health and safety of our employees, subcontractors, customers, and the public.
Westinghouse is committed to:
- Providing safe working conditions that protect the health and safety of employees
- Reducing waste, preventing pollution, conserving resources, and using energy efficiently in all our operations
- Complying with all applicable environmental, health, and safety legislation and regulations, as well as any other requirements to which the Company subscribes
- Continually improving environmental, health, and safety management systems and performance by establishing and maintaining meaningful objectives and targets. We are always considering any significant environmental, health, and safety aspects, technological options, and legal, operational, business, and other requirements
- Establishing and maintaining procedures to identify the potential for, and response to, accidents and emergency situations, and preventing and mitigating the impacts associated with them
- Training employees to work in a safe and environmentally responsible manner
- Effectively managing and promptly resolving impacts from historical operations in a manner that minimizes risks and liabilities while accommodating current operations
- Periodically monitoring, auditing and evaluating environmental, health, and safety performance as it relates to applicable requirements and established objectives and targets
Each Westinghouse employee, and any person working on behalf of Westinghouse, is responsible for supporting all relative commitments associated with the EHS and Sustainability Policy.