When your plant or facility has met the end of its useful life, Westinghouse provides a complete range of Decontamination and Decommissioning (D&D) and waste management (WM) services.
Westinghouse has extensive experience in decommissioning pressurized water reactors (PWRs), boiling water reactors (BWRs), gas-cooled reactors (GCRs), sodium-cooled reactors, research reactors and fuel fabrication plants. Westinghouse provides comprehensive, integrated services and state-of-the-art solutions for spent fuel and the treatment and handling of radioactive waste, and offers proven solutions for the interim storage and final disposal of all levels of waste.
- D&D project planning
- Post-operation support
- Spent fuel services
- Decommissioning studies
- Waste treatment systems
- Site and waste characterization plans
- Nuclear component segmentation
- Waste optimization studies
- Waste packaging
- Decontamination for decommissioning
- Final site surveys and monitoring
- Waste storage and disposal facilities design
- Regulatory issues management