Westinghouse Nuclear Fuel manufactures more types of fuel than any other supplier.
- Westinghouse-designed Pressurized Water Reactors (PWRs)
- Combustion Engineering-designed PWRs
- Nuclear Fuel Industries (NFI) PWR fuel
- Boiling Water Reactors (BWRs)
- Nuclear Fuel Industries (NFI) BWR fuel
- Siemens-designed PWR fuel
- Advanced Gas Reactors (AGRs)
- VVERs (Russian-designed PWRs)
Westinghouse has global delivery reach through its manufacturing plants in Columbia, South Carolina (USA); Springfields, United Kingdom; Westinghouse Sweden AB (Västerås, Sweden); the European Fuel Group (ENUSA partnership); and Nuclear Fuel Industries (Tokai/Kumatori, Japan).
Westinghouse consistently provides greater than 95‑percent reliable fuel, but providing flawless, leak‑free fuel is our goal.
Additional Fuel-related Services
Westinghouse Nuclear Fuel also supplies global engineering services; fuel components; fuel-related services, and uranium and transport services through Advance UAM—United Kingdom.
Advance Uranium Asset Management Ltd., a Toshiba and Westinghouse Electric company, provides the nuclear fuel industry’s most comprehensive range of services for the front end of the nuclear fuel cycle. The company has responsibility for Westinghouse’s owned uranium inventory, together with management of supply chain activities between mining and fabrication sites for utility-owned inventories.