We will conduct our operations in a manner that meets the needs of Westinghouse and its stakeholders today, while protecting and sustaining the human and natural resources that will be needed in the future.
At Westinghouse, we’re dedicated to conducting our operations in a safe and environmentally sound, socially responsible manner. We seriously consider the impact of our actions on the environment and on the health and safety of our employees, subcontractors, customers and the public.
Westinghouse is committed to:
- Providing safe working conditions that protect the health and safety of employees
- Reducing waste, preventing pollution, conserving resources and using energy efficiently in all our operations
- Complying with all applicable environmental, health and safety legislation and regulations, as well as any other requirements to which the company subscribes
- Continually improving environmental, health and safety management systems and performance by establishing and maintaining meaningful objectives and targets
- Identifying and mitigating environmental, health and safety risks to prevent accidents, environmental impacts and emergency situations
- Training employees to work in a safe and environmentally responsible manner
- Periodically monitoring, auditing and evaluating environmental, health and safety performance as it relates to applicable requirements and established objectives and targets
Each Westinghouse employee, and any person working on behalf of Westinghouse, is responsible for supporting the commitments identified in the EHS and Sustainability Policy.
Additionally, as a part of Westinghouse’s continued commitment to environmental, health and safety excellence, several of our locations and operations are ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certified:
Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania, USA (Westinghouse Headquarters); Blairsville, Pennsylvania, USA; Columbia, South Carolina, USA; Madison Pennsylvania, USA; Madrid, Spain; Mannheim, Germany; Newington, New Hampshire, USA; Nivelles, Belgium; Ogden, Utah, USA; Shoreview, Minnesota, USA – ISO 14001 Multi-site Certificate
Mangiarotti S.p.A, Italy – OHSAS 18001
Springfields Fuels Ltd., United Kingdom – ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
Westinghouse Electric Germany – OHSAS 18001
Westinghouse Electric Spain – OHSAS 18001
Westinghouse Electric Sweden – ISO 14001
Westinghouse Electric Sweden (DDR&WM) – OHSAS 18001