Resilient, emission-free baseload power and heat
The eVinci™ Microreactor's innovative design combines new technology advancements with 60+ years of commercial nuclear design and engineering, creating a cost-competitive and resilient source of zero-emissions power and heat with superior reliability and minimal maintenance. Its small size allows for transportability and rapid, on-site deployment. eVinci can produce 5MWe with a 13MWth core design. The reactor core is designed to run for eight or more years at full power before refueling.
Rendering of an eVinci Microreactor located at a remote mining site.
eVinci Microreactor Advanced Nuclear Technology Design
eVinci Microreactor Key Benefits
- Reliable energy source in all weather conditions, temperatures and locations
- Immediate load-following and load-shed capabilities
- Flexible energy with scale-up and scale-down capabilities as mining operation grows or reaches end of life
- Eliminates commodity risk from diesel fuel as well as interruptions because of seasonal challenges of transport to remote communities
- Above-ground installation requires minimum ground disruption with less than a 2 acre footprint
- Seamless, reliable pairing with wind, solar and hydro
- Transportability in shipping containers via rail, barge, truck
Safe, Reliable Technology
- Completely emissions-free baseload power for 8+ years
- Built above ground and requires no water for cooling or operation
- Spent fuel returned to manufacturer or DGR long-term storage
- Each eVinci microreactor will reduce up to 55,000 tonnes of CO2 / year
Free Low-Grade Heat
The eVinci generates ‘free’ low-grade heat at 1500C which can be utilized for district heating of community infrastructure or pre-heating mine ventilation.