Level 3 Laboratory Technician Apprenticeship
As a Laboratory Technician at Springfields Fuels, you will be involved in a variety of laboratory based activities supporting the nuclear sector. You will play an important role in the department, including assisting with scientific investigations, tests and providing technical support.
Throughout your two year apprenticeship, typical tasks that you may undertake are:
- Collecting and analysing samples
- Performing laboratory tests to support scientific investigations
- Keeping current with technical developments
- Following our policies and procedures to ensure health and safety compliance
- Operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment
As part of your apprenticeship, you will earn an apprenticeship salary and will undertake the necessary training to complete a qualification at Runshaw College. You will gain a BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Applied Science which is delivered on a day release basis over a two year period
What You Will Require
5 GCSE passes at grade A*-C (or levels 9-4)
These should include Maths, English Language and at least one Science subject.
You will be expected to have the ability to:
- Work and interact effectively within a team
- Work independently and take responsibility for initiating and completing tasks
- Understand impact of work on others, especially where related to diversity and equality
- Time management and ability to complete work to schedule
- Ability to handle change and respond to change management processes
The skills and knowledge that you will gain over your apprenticeship will further enable you to pursue a career within the nuclear fuel industry. If you believe you are able to apply your scientific skills in a laboratory and are ready for a busy and interesting work like environment, this apprenticeship is ideal for you.