What does safety mean to Springfields?
The health and safety of our employees, contractors and the general public is paramount. Our primary goal is that no harm should result from our activities. In this regard, we hope to maintain the respect and trust of our employees, the public and our stakeholders. Working toward this, we strive to:
- Eliminate injuries at work
- Prevent incidents but maintain effective emergency arrangements
- Achieve and sustain an excellent safety culture
- Learn the lessons from events, implement corrective actions and seek out and use good practices wherever we may find them
- Ensure that our activities, products and services are in compliance with applicable legislation and meet the requirements of good practice and applicable stands of EH&S performance
In short, safety is our No. 1 priority. It is an integral part of everything we do.
Springfields has developed a Behavioural Safety process in pursuit of excellence.
Behavioural Safety is a proactive approach that gives individuals the opportunity to share feedback on performance with their peers, encourages involvement, improves self-awareness and heightens risk perception, all within a fair and just culture. It provides an early warning of accidents and incidents, allowing the measurement of safe (positive) and unsafe (negative) behaviour in the workplace.