Public meetings are a way for Westinghouse to present and explain plant operations to members of the community.
Westinghouse participates in public meetings throughout the year, whether hosted by Westinghouse, or a regulatory body like the NRC or DHEC. Upcoming public meetings can be found below:
DHEC’s Bureau of Water and Bureau of Air Quality will hold an informational public meeting on June 6, 2023, at 6:00 pm, followed by a public hearing at 7:00 pm at the Richland County Recreation Commission, Adult Activity Center, 8620 Garners Ferry Road, Hopkins, SC 29061. Although not required, pre-registration is encouraged.
A public meeting will begin at 6 pm to share information and answer questions. This informational public meeting will be followed by a formal public hearing beginning at 7 pm. The hearing will be conducted by a hearing officer where oral and written comments will be accepted. Oral presentations may be limited to a fixed, reasonable amount of time.
If you have any questions about this form or participating in the public meeting or hearing, please contact Monica Taylor at 803-898-7678 or firstname.lastname@example.org, use this link https://forms.office.com/g/tB1jH03Ueg or visit https://www.scdhec.gov/westinghouse. Individuals with disabilities or special needs should contact DHEC at least one week prior to the community meeting to discuss any special services required.
Previous Public Meetings
- Westinghouse Columbia Fuel Fabrication Facility Licensee Performance Review Observation Meeting - May 18, 2022 06:00 PM to 08:00 PM ET
The purpose of the meeting was an Observation Meeting. This was a meeting in which attendees will have an opportunity to observe the NRC performing its regulatory function or discussing regulatory issues. Attendees had the opportunity to ask questions of the NRC staff or make comments about the issues discussed following the business portion of the meeting; however, the NRC was not actively soliciting comments towards regulatory decisions at the meeting.
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission Public Comment Meeting for the Draft Environmental Impact Statement for the License Renewal of the Westinghouse Columbia Fuel Fabrication Facility in Richland County, SC – August 26, 2021, 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM ET (Webinar)
The purpose of this meeting is for NRC staff to meet directly with individuals to receive comments from participants on specific NRC decisions and actions to ensure that NRC staff understands their views and concerns. Allowing the public an opportunity to provide comments on the Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS) for the Westinghouse Columbia Fuel Fabrication Facility (CFFF) license renewal application.
Video of the staff’s presentation will be accessible online at the webinar address, and all audio, including providing oral comments, will only be accessible through the telephone line.
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission Public Meeting for Westinghouse Columbia Fuel Fabrication Facility - Status Update of the License Renewal and Preparation of the EIS – February 4, 2021, 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. (Webinar)
The purpose of this meeting is to inform the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) staff of Westinghouse’s Columbia Fuel Fabrication Facility’s (CFFF’s) environmental improvements. The NRC staff is reviewing Westinghouse’s license renewal application and preparing an environmental impact statement (EIS) in accordance with the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969. The NRC staff plans to provide a status update of the license renewal and preparation of the EIS.
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission Public Meeting for Westinghouse Columbia Fuel Fabrication Facility pre-submittal of a request for alternate disposal of waste – May 12, 2020, 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. (Webinar)
This is a pre-submittal meeting to discuss the licensee's planned submittal of a request for alternative disposal. You can learn more about the meeting here (Planned Closure of the East Lagoon).
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission Category 1 Public meeting – March 31, 2020, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Webinar)
During the annual public meeting on March 31st, NRC will deliver details of CFFF’s performance review via webinar. The review includes the completion of the Confirmatory Order and removal of the Area Needing Improvement in Operational Safety designation. Due to operational improvements, CFFF has resumed normal inspection frequency and will return to a biennial licensee performance review process.