Around the globe, utilities need a better, smarter way to make informed decisions that minimize outages, lower costs, increase energy output and broaden profit margins.
Our team has expertise across a wide variety of disciplines to provide unique solutions through data analytics, software development and world-class engineering. Leveraging more than 135 years of practical innovation combined with the latest industry data and our network of global resources, our experts are focused on developing custom solutions for specific utility challenges across various plant designs.
Digital Engineering Services combines our industry-wide data set, cutting-edge digital tools and analytics, and over 3,000 nuclear experienced engineers and analysts to deliver services focused on reducing costs while maintaining or improving equipment reliability. Digital Engineering Services has a comprehensive portfolio of standard Services and Software Products that combine our digital and nuclear expertise:
Services delivered through the Westinghouse OptiLifeTM Service Center:
- Preventive Maintenance Optimization
- Predictive Maintenance
- Enhanced Work Management
- Enhanced Procurement Engineering
- Enhanced Inventory Management
Software Product Lines:
- Proactive Obsolescence Management System (POMS)
- Configuration Management Interface System (CMIS)
- Equipment Reliability Management System (ERMS)
- Control Room Automation (CORA)
Digital Engineering Services also supports custom solutions using our industry knowledge and data, advanced data analytics and nuclear expertise to help our customers solve their unique challenges.
Proactive Obsolescence Management System (POMS)
A one-stop shop for identification, prioritization, and resolution of station obsolescence, POMS provides quick and easy retrieval of equipment and vendor obsolescence information. Key benefits include early notice of obsolescence issues, improved decision-making capabilities, enhanced analysis of equipment bill of materials prioritization via a top list of obsolescence risks and the opportunity for industry collaboration. POMS allows utilities to integrate obsolescence information into site departments including System Engineering, Work Management, Supply Chain and Procurement Engineering. The POMS Suite consists of:
- POMS base product includes our Vendor Contacting Process that contacts over 20,000 Original Equipment Manufactures each year to provide our customers with Obsolescence Statuses for over 500,000 models including over 270,000 Potential Solutions
- Obsolescence Manager (OM) provides users with a risk-based prioritization with configurable algorithm
- Preventive Maintenance Forecaster, which provides users with a schedule-based prioritization including impact dates
- POMS Web-Service provides customers with the ability to integrate obsolescence data into their Enterprise Management Systems
Learn More POMS Login
Configuration Management Interface System (CMIS)
Westinghouse’s CMIS software suite is an industry-proven tool to implement the Engineering Standard Design Process (SDP) per industry procedure IP-ENG-001. This tool supports the nuclear industry by providing a robust, up-to-date software tool for the preparation, review and completion of Engineering Changes. CMIS helps customers to automate the process while enforcing procedural requirements and includes single sign-on, electronic signatures, review workflows and package generation. The CMIS Suite has several bolt-on modules to automate processes in addition to SDP, including:
- CMIS SIEP: Module automates the Standard Item Equivalency Process (SIEP) in accordance with NISP-EN-02.
- CMIS CALC: Module that allows users to develop, track, and revise calculations including the inputs and outputs to quickly determine potential impacts.
- CMIS Closure: Module that provides users with the ability to track Affected Documents and their revision status through implementation of the Engineering Changes.
- CMIS Licensing: Module that automates the 50.59/72.48 Process allowing users to develop, revise and track applicability reviews, screening and evaluations.
Learn More CMISDP™ Login
Equipment Reliability Management System (ERMS)
ERMS is a suite of tools focused on the implementation and optimization of INPO AP-913 with the goal of improving efficiencies and overall equipment reliability. ERMS consists of the following:
- Risk Classification Management (RCM) – Enterprise-wide risk management tool allowing for prioritization and visualization of risks impacting the plant, processes or people from inception through mitigation and elimination.
- Equipment Reliability Workbench (ERW) – Software tool that facilitates the implementation and optimization of INPO AP-913 including classification, maintenance templates, maintenance strategies and asset management plans.
- Plant Health Monitor (PHM) – Software tool focused on the automation, development and review of System Health Reports needed to fulfill the Nuclear Regulatory Commission requirements. Plant-level and system-level scores and ratings are automated, allowing engineers to identify top risks and capture improvement plans.
- Maintenance Rule – Software tool that reduces the time needed to fulfill the Nuclear Regulatory Commission requirement 10CFR 50.65, known more commonly as “Maintenance Rule.” The time savings comes in the form of a reduction in man-hours for the System Engineers as well as the Maintenance Rule Coordinators by providing one system for storing, retrieving, and viewing Maintenance Rule information related to Structures, Systems, and Components (SSCs).
Control Room Automation (CORA)
Westinghouse’s CORA suite is focused on the automation of Operator Logs and Operator Rounds and consists of two main products with AutoLog and AutoTour:
AutoLog is a scalable, automated solution that meets the needs of the nuclear industry in maintaining logs for safety and environmental compliance.
- Eliminates the costly, error-prone step of interpreting handwritten data.
- Improves safety awareness across operations by enabling the viewing of log data from any computer.
- Delivers a precise view of current plant status.
- Provides central location where all equipment reliability items come together.
AutoTour is a platform that reduces the time and effort involved in gathering field data and supports equipment health management on high-value assets.
- Interfaces with existing work management system.
- Reduces the effort and cost of data collection while increasing data quality.
- Improves safety in sensitive plant areas such as the control room.
- Allows pictures, video and sound data to be recorded on equipment in the field.
- Guides users through specific steps to complete equipment testing rounds.
- Optional barcode scanning reduces the risk of taking readings at the wrong location.