- Scaffold program management & labor
- Seismic engineering
- Excel modular scaffolding (purchase or rental)
- Reactor vessel head flange adapter assemblies
- CAD technology for challenging configurations
- Specialty fabrication & design
- Equipment storage & decontamination
- Permanent structures
- Civil/structural barrier installation and repairs
- PE Stamped drawings
- Testing & qualification of custom components
- Laser imaging / 3D modeling
- Shielding racks & towers
- Base concrete slab installation
- General labor (including rigging & material handling)
Permanent shielding racks and towers incorporate seismically qualified components that enable scaffold towers, work platforms and lead shielding racks to remain installed on a long-term basis in containment while at power. seismically tested & qualified in accordance with IEEE standards, custom components fit areas normally requiring tube and clamp. they also offer increased flexibility using excel’s fully adjustable diagonal sway strut braces and telescoping load-bearing trusses, load-bearing horizontal bars and metal toe boards.
This approach has resulted in up to 3.2 rem savings in temporary shielding installation and removal, and 10 rem dose savings in future drywell dose each outage. it also has created up to $50,000 in savings per outage in avoided o&m cost for temporary shielding and scaffold labor.
Another feature is the reactor vessel head flange adapter (RVHFA), a lightweight assembly that enables faster, safer and more cost-effective reactor head inspections while reducing time & dose associated with installation – up to 100 person hours per shift, 15 hours of outage critical path time and over 1.1 rem per outage. compatible with existing excel scaffold components, we offer custom-designed pieces to fit your facility.
These eliminate the need for conventional tube & clamp components or for any type of support structure from the charging floor, while allowing installation of lead shielding blankets to further reduce dose. no welding, drilling or bolting to the existing head structure is required and plastic-covered inserts protect the reactor head flange & stud holes.